Sunday, February 19, 2017

Smoke House Deli


Imagine soup and sandwich on an early Sunday afternoon with a lot of sunlight! 
I had been looking for a place like this for quite a while and am happy I found Smoke House Deli.
They have quite an extensive food and bar menu. 
They start you off with some complimentary breads that are amazingly soft and buttery.
We got the roasted sweet corn, sour cream and truffle oil soup. It had a nice roasted flavour, the sour cream in it was the best part!
For appetizers, we got paprika puffs + wasabi salsa. If you haven't tasted wasabi before, you should know it can be really pungent. (The green paste that comes with sushi is made of wasabi). The wasabi here is mixed with tomatoes and other things to make it like a salsa and less pungent, but it still hits you on every bite. If you're up for a little adventure, go ahead and get it!
My mom and me split the Watermelon+Feta+Arugula salad. Their feta was super creamy, watermelon was amazingly sweet, but I don't think they had Arugula leaves in it. I saw more lettuce. I prefer it that way, so not complaining! A great summer salad.
You can get a half sandwich with a salad and make it a meal. So, my mom got a roasted veggies + tahina sandwich. Half is not less! If you like a lot of roasted veggies(peppers+zucchini), a good sandwich.
I had been craving for a bagel and so got the bagel with cream cheese and herbs. It comes with some lettuce and arugula leaves in the middle. Nice and simple :)
The price is like Zomato says - Rs.1500 for 2 people without alcohol.

I absolutely loved the ambience and it's going to be my go-to brunch place from now on!




No comments:

Post a Comment